Bergens Auto Body is a family-owned SGI Elite auto body shop and a Trusted Regina collision repair expert. From the moment you walk in the door, you will be treated like family! We are proud to have over 80 Years Auto Body Experience, and have been serving Regina Autobody needs for over 30 Years….In our latest Bergens auto tips, we share info on the OEM Certification’s Bergen’s has been awarded, and what they mean to you as our valued customers.
WHAT IS AN OEM-CERTIFIED AUTO BODY REPAIR FACILITY?
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.
An OEM certification is a certification bestowed by a car manufacturer to a repair shop that meets their standards for:
• Technician training to ensure technicians know the protocols and processes to repair a specific make and model of vehicle
• Tooling to ensure the shop has the right machines and tools to perform repairs to the auto maker’s specification
• Equipment to ensure that original equipment manufacturer parts are used so that a repaired vehicle maintains the same capabilities, performance and safety assurances
Each automaker has its own certification requirements, and shops invest tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to earn and maintain OEM certifications.
At Bergen’s we have the following 3 OEM certifications.
How The OEM Certification’s Bergens Has Benefits You As A Consumer
Experts in the auto industry view OEM certifications’ as a “culture shift” in collision repair because it marks a distinct separation from the mindset that has largely dominated the auto body repair industry—the mindset that, “We’ve been doing this for X-number of years. We know what we’re doing; we don’t need to change anything.”
But even if an auto body repair shop is not willing to change, you can be sure that technology in the automotive industry will…and do at a dizzying pace. OEM certification ensures that shops are keeping pace with those changes. A shop cannot get OEM certification once and then rest on the laurels of that achievement. To maintain certification, they need to continually update their training and technology/tooling.
A shop that continues to learn and evolve benefits you, the car owner/driver because:
• Your repairs will restore your vehicle to manufacturer specifications, which ensures the highest possible safety standards and performance. • Your repairs will be done the right way the first time, sparing you the expense and inconvenience of subsequent visits to your collision repair shop and/or taking your car to another shop to redo work that wasn’t done right the first time.
• Your repairs can preserve, possibly extend, the useful life of your vehicle, allowing you to drive it longer and/or get top-dollar for it at trade-in or sale.
Perhaps most importantly, OEM certification gives you peace of mind.
When you choose an OEM-certified auto body collision repair shop like Bergen’s Auto Body in Regina, you aren’t just taking our word for the quality of our work. We can assure you that the quality claims are backed up by a third-party that will not compromise its standards because the auto maker’s reputation is on the line, too.
According to Bergen’s Auto Body & Collision Centre Ltd. owner, Jonathan Bergen,
“This certification supports our reputation for superior customer service in Regina serving our community. We are your neighbours and friends, so it is important to provide our customers with the peace of mind that their vehicles are being repaired correctly by highly trained professionals that care about them. Here at Bergen’s Auto Body & Collision Centre, we treat you like family and that means we work hard to give your vehicles back to you properly and most importantly safely!”